Pearland Independent School District recently expanded its partnership with Memorial Hermann Health System to increase medical support and services to athletes and enhance the district’s healthcare education.
Through this agreement, Memorial Hermann will serve as the official healthcare provider for Pearland ISD athletic programs and approximately 3,500 athletes.
In addition, the partnership will enhance the district’s clinical rotation programs and healthcare career pathways at the high school level.
Opportunities created by the partnership include:
- Baseline concussion testing
- Access to EKGs for high-risk athletes
- Saturday morning injury clinics
- Continuing education opportunities for athletic trainers and coaches
- Health/wellness support for faculty, staff and parents (including preventive screenings and seminars, health fairs, nursing education and academic programs)
- An annual scholarship for high school students
“Pearland ISD has been fortunate to have Memorial Hermann Southeast as an educational partner. The hospital’s support will help us continue to raise the bar in our athletic programs. We’re grateful our students will benefit from Memorial Hermann’s experience in sports medicine and its commitment to keeping our student athletes as safe and as healthy as possible,” Superintendent Dr. John Kelly said.