Business Professional Students of America (BPA) members have had a great year at Friendswood High School. Four of its members recently returned from California where they had competed in National BPA competition.
Chase Falterman, Brittany Morgan, Shanika Silva and Arjun Gangakhedkar represented FHS at BPA Nationals. Shanika Silva placed third in Prepared Speech.
The organization had 18 compete at State in Dallas in March after 20 members placed at regional contest.
Results from the Texas BPA state competition in Dallas are as follows:
– Shanika Silva in Prepared Speed received first place. She also received a $500 from Texas BPA.
– Chase Falterman competed in Fundamental Spreadsheet Applications and was awarded first place.
– Brittany Morgan placed third in Legal Office Procedures and Arjun Gangakhedkar placed third in Medical Office Procedures.
– Neely Acree, Katherine Hude, Tanna Deckard and Sarah Mai competed in Presentation Management Team and won third place.
– Marina Meche took the Parliamentary Procedures Open Test and placed sixth.
Additional State competitors included Caitlin Pray in Fundamental Desktop Publishing, Audrey O’Neal in Integrated Office Applications and Eileen Ngo in Fundamental Word Processing Skills.
Kennedy Bateman competed in Fundamental Keyboarding and Marisa Huerta competed in Payroll Accounting. Kyle Dickens, Nadia Asgari-Tari, and Nate Naaykins competed in Parliamentary Procedure Team contest. Courtney Castillo competed in Fundamental Accounting.
BPA sponsors are Lisa Sargent and Kimberly Barksdale.