What can I say regarding my Manvel Mavericks? Way to go team! You are steadily setting the world on fire. Our congratulations to the team and their fantastic coach, Kirk Martin. We are all very proud of you all and your accomplishments. Keep up the good work.
We have numerous congratulations to announce:
– Congratulations to the Southfork HOA and the Rodeo Palms HOA for the wonderful Night Out they offered to their residents. The turnout out was amazing.
– Congratulations to STRIPES and their fantastic opening. We are thrilled they are located in our city.
– Congratulations to Brian Wilmer, who represents the City of Manvel on the Brazoria County Parks Board.
– Congratulations to Melody Hanson, who represents the City of Manvel on the Brazoria Library Board.
– Congratulations to our newest officer James McClain, who has been added to the Manvel Police Department.
– Congratulations to our part-time VOE student, Bethany Fortune, who is added to the Finance Department.
– Congratulations to our Fire Marshal, Michael Dumas, and the grant he received from the Insurance Council of Texas regarding 100 smoke alarms. These smoke alarms will be installed on a first-come basis to residents here in Manvel. The contact is Mr. Dumas’s direct line 832-336-4082 or his email [email protected] He will need your name, address, phone number and a brief description on why you need the alarm and if you would like a home safety inspection to help identify any possible fire hazards.
On Saturday, Oct. 22 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. the Manvel police Department, at 6616 N. Masters (CR1128), will be sponsoring the National Rx Take Back Event. There will be a container to deposit the unwanted drugs.
Also on Saturday, Oct. 22 there will be a cook-off at Pomona Subdivision off SH288 and CR101. Judging begins at 1 p.m.
On Oct. 28-29 the Manvel Police Association will have their annual cook-off at the corner of SH6 and McCoy. Please check out the festivities.
On Tuesday, Nov. 8, Election Day, the City of Manvel will present the State of the City Address at the KC Hall at 11:30 a.m. For further information, contact the Alvin-Manvel Chamber of Commerce at 281-331-3944.
TxDot has announced the contract for the medians along SH6 and SH288 has been awarded and the project is slated to begin in November. We will keep you up to date with the latest. We are getting much closer to the toll-road project. More to come.
The month of November is dedicated to Anti-bullying. Bullying is occurring in epidemic proportions. Our ex-President George Bush had an interesting comment: “Too often we judge others by their worst examples, while we judge ourselves by our best intentions.”
Please mark your calendars for December activities for the City of Manvel. On Friday, Dec. 2 there will be the tree lighting, Santa with pictures, cookies, hot chocolate, dancers, choir singing and much more at 7 p.m.
On Saturday, Dec. 3 we will have our Manvel at Christmas Parade. We will gather in the Manvel High School parking lot around 4:30 p.m. We will proceed to tour the Lakeland Subdivision and at 6 p.m. and we will have a fireworks display donated by the Waste Management of Alvin. If you are interested in participating, please contact city hall for further details.
We are blessed with good people who support our community and only what is best for all.
Thank you for your continued support.
Mayor Delores Martin