An historical presentation about the history of the Alvin Depot will be presented March 2, at the Alvin Historical Museum as part of a four part historical presentation on the history of the Alvin area.
The presentation begins at 6 p.m. and the public is invited.
The historic depot is located at 119 E. Willis. The facility was built in 1907. It was the hub for business and agriculture and served the Santa Fe Rail Line.
The site has been renovated on its exterior and interior. It is available for rental for special events and recently was the site for Alvin Depot Market Days, a city wide sale which will occur again March 18 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the depot.
Museum board member Richard Klapper will be the presenter on this topic and its original history.
On Feb. 9, Klapper presented the first program about early 20th century photographer George Bronner who captured the first recordable photos of Alvin. On Feb. 16, Klapper discussed the Great Storm of 1900. He held his third presentation about the Great Fire of 1902 on Feb. 23.
The fourth and final presentation in the series about the Alvin Depot will be presented on March 2.
Alvin Historical Museum is located at 300 West Sealy Street. Admission is $3 with all children under the age of 12 free.
For more information call 281-331-4469.
Story by Karolyn Gephart