It’s a new day in Manvel, Texas. The City’s Council and Staff are energized and planning on doing the work ahead to move us forward.
Let me start with a few notes of congratulations. How about the Manvel Mavs fierce foursome of Murray, Scott, Harris and Fields for winning the relay with an outstanding time of 3 minutes and 12.63 seconds securing the Manvel Mavs second state team championship in three years at the UIL State Track and Field Championships Let’s not leave out Jolivette who won the 100 meter dash and Fields who took a win in the 400 meter dash.
A big “whoop” out to Brian Johnson and Deneric Prince for signing with Texas A&M to play Aggies football.
Earlier this month I spoke to the Pomona Teen group. I was truly delighted to see so many eager teens with a desire to learn about leadership. I believe I was the most inspired after our meet and photo op. Kudos to Lori Evans for all of her hard work as event coordinator.
With the new appointment of Kyle Jung as Emergency Management Coordinator and Micheal Dumas as the Assistant Coordinator, we are compiling all the data, courses and supplies that will be needed in the event of an emergency. This was a much needed update and I feel confident that we are in the best hands for any such event.
On June 19, I met with Congressman Pete Olsen and Christian Bionat, Deputy District Director. We met at Manvel’s own Brisas Mexican Restaurant on Highway 6 for coffee and a taste of local flair. The Congressman requested the meeting to provide me with an update on the current session and welcomed me to the office of Mayor.
At the request of Councilwoman Sufientes, we are forming a Branding Task Force for the City.
Calling all volunteers: This will be a sub-committee of 7 members and 2 alternates. Please apply to develop the “new face” of our city!
So now a listing of the accomplishments in the past two months:
– Approval of the City’s first Master Parks Plan
– Approval of multiple plats and plans for the Bluewater Lakes subdivision
– Completion of reconstruction by Manvel’s Public Works Dept. of the following: Jordan Road, Crestridge, Alabama, Pine and Horseshoe
– Active participation by the Council and Staff in a day long planning session with subsequent Special Meetings to set Goals
– A day long planning session for Manvel Economic Development Corporation addressing future goals and projects
– Since the beginning of 2017, 405 new Home Permits have been applied for; 94 in April and May alone.
Continue to find out what your council and the staff of the city are working on and the accomplishments of our citizens. Happy Independence Day to you all and a special thank you to all those who are serving or have served to keep our country free. God Bless America!
Mayor Debra Davison