NOTICE OF HEARING
This serves as formal notice of a hearing to address in an open court the code violations located at 3410 Trelawney Drive, Pearland, Texas 77581, formally recognized as Pearland, Block 6, Lots 10-11, Twin Creek Woods Subdivision. The court date has been scheduled at 9:00 a.m. on November 21, 2017, at the Pearland Municipal Court, located at 2555 Cullen Parkway, Pearland, Texas 77581.
The City of Pearland inspected the property on October 12, 2017 and the Building Official generated an Inspection Report. The Building Official found the structure at 3410 Trelawney Drive to be substandard based upon violations of the minimum standards adopted under the Pearland Code of Ordinances and the International Property Maintenance Code. Specifically, the violations include:
1. City of Pearland Ordinance 7-61.2(1) – The property contains a building with roof, ceiling, floors, sills, or foundations, or any combination thereof, rotted or decayed and falling apart, windows out, uninhabitable, and untenantable, due to obsolescence and deterioration caused by neglect or vandalism or old age or the elements.
2. City of Pearland Ordinance 7-61.2(3) – The property contains a building which is a fire menace, to wit, by being in a dilapidated condition, and which has an accumulation of rubbish, vegetation, and solid waste which is likely to become a fire, or be set on fire, in and around said building and endanger the person or property of others.
3. Int’l Prop. Maint. Code 108.1.1 – The property contains an unsafe structure that is dangerous to the life, health, property, or safety of the public or the occupants of the structure because such structure is damaged, decayed, dilapidated, structurally unsafe, or of such faulty construction or unstable foundation, that partial or complete collapse is possible.
4. Int’l Prop. Maint. Code 108.1.3 – The property contains a structure that is unfit for human occupancy because the code official found that the structure is unsafe, unlawful, or because of the degree to which the structure is in disrepair or lacks maintenance, is insanitary, vermin or rat infested, contains filth and contamination, or lacks ventilation, illumination, sanitary or heating facilities, or other essential equipment required by the code.
5. Int’l Prop. Maint. Code 108.1.5– Any structure or premises that has any…of the conditions or defects described below shall be considered dangerous:
a. (3) Any portion of a building, structure or appurtenance that has been damaged by fire, earthquake, wind, flood, deterioration, neglect, abandonment, vandalism or by any other cause to such an extent that it is likely to partially or completely collapse, or to become detached or dislodged.
b. (9) A building or structure, used or intended to be used for dwelling purposes, because of inadequate mantenance, dilapidation, decay, damage, faulty construction or arrangement, inadequate light, ventilation, mechanical or plumbing system, or otherwise, is determined by the code official to be unsanitary, unfit for human habitation or in such a condition that is likely to cause sickness or disease.
6. Int’l Prop. Maint. Code 302.7 – The property contains accessory structures, including detached garage, fences, and walls, that are not maintained structurally sound and in good repair as required.
7. Int’l Prop. Maint. Code 304.13 – The property contains a building with windows, doors, and frames that are not kept in sound condition, good repair, or weather tight.
8. Int’l Prop. Maint. Code 308.1 – The exterior property and premises, and the interior of the structure, are not free from accumulation of rubbish or garbage as required.
9. Int’l Fire Code 311.1.1 – Buildings, structures, and premises…which persistently or repeatedly become unprotected or unsecure, which has been occupied by unauthorized person for illegal purposes, or which present a danger of structural collapse or fire spread to adjacent properties shall be considered abandoned, declared unsafe and abated by demolition or rehabilitation in accordance with the Int’l Prop. Maint. Code and the Int’l. Building Code.
These violations cause the building to be considered dilapidated, substandard, and/or unfit for human habitation and pose a hazard to the public health, safety, and welfare of the community.
The scheduled court date described above is for a public hearing to determine the actions that must be taken by you and/or the City regarding the vacation, securing, repair, removal, or demolition of a substandard building located on the property listed above. The hearing will be before the Municipal Court Judge. At the hearing, the owner, lienholder, and/or mortgagee will be given the opportunity to comment, testify, or present witnesses or written information about any matter relating to the substandard building. At the hearing, the City shall have the burden of proving by a preponderance of the evidence that the building is substandard as described in Pearland City Ordinance 7-61.2. The owner, lienholder, or mortgagee shall have the burden of proof to demonstrate the scope of any work that may be required to comply with City Ordinances, and the time it will take to reasonably perform the work.
According to the real property records of Brazoria County, Texas, and appropriate records of the Secretary of State, Central Appraisal District, tax rolls, etc., Pauline Jackie Duke is an owner, lienholder, or mortgagee of the real property described in this notice. If you no longer own or have an interest in the property, please notify the office of the City Attorney on or before the hearing date.
Pearland ISD is now accepting competitive sealed proposals for Kitchen Exhaust System Cleaning in the office of Ms. Connie Hill, Director of Purchasing, 1928 N. Main, Pearland, Texas, 77581 until 2 p.m. on Thursday, November 30, 2017. Proposal packets may be obtained at http://www.pearlandisd.org/Page/616 (click on current bids/proposals)
beginning Wednesday, November 1, 2017 until Thursday, November 30, 2017.
CITY OF PEARLAND, TEXAS
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Sealed bids will be received by the City of Pearland Purchasing Division, 3523 Liberty Dr., until 10:00 a.m., CST, Thursday, November 16, 2017 and all bids will be publicly acknowledged by name in City Hall Annex, 3523 Liberty Drive, Pearland, TX on that date for:
Property Acquisition and Relocation Services
BID NO. 1018-09
Bid forms, specifications and all necessary information may be obtained from the following website: https://pearland.ionwave.net. Vendors are encouraged to return the bid response electronically using the City’s e-bid system, but may submit by hard-copy, with either manner due by the closing date and time stated above.
The City reserves the right to reject any or all bids, or to accept any bid or combination of bids deemed advantageous to it.
Vendors should register on the City’s e-bid system https://pearland.ionwave.net. Once registered on the City’s e-bid system, bid documents may be viewed on the site. If further assistance is needed, please email ebid[email protected] no later than Friday, November 10, 2017. Make reference to Bid Number 1018-09. Bid Closing Date: November 16, 2017.
Young Lorfing, TRMC
First Publication: November 1, 2017
Second Publication: November 8, 2017