Manvel resident saves lives of couple during fire

In News by Reporter NewsLeave a Comment


A fire that occurred in Manvel Monday, March 12 at approximately 1 p.m. had a happy ending regarding the two senior citizens who were inside the house during the fire.

The fire was at the residence of Terry Reed and his wife at 10118 Hanselman Drive. The house suffered minimal damage thanks to the quick response of area firefighters.

The couple were saved from injury thanks to neighbor Kennith Truelove who noticed the carport had caught fire. The Reed’s two cars were parked in the carport and a truck was inside the garage.

Truelove noticed the fire driving by. He stopped and ran up to the door of the home banging on it until the Reeds answered and he could lead them to safety.

Mayor Debra Davison was driving home and passed the house to notice the fire. While Truelove aided the occupants, Davison called 911.

Within minutes the Manvel Volunteer Fire Department units, Brazoria County Emergency Services District #3 personnel, Iowa Colony VFD tanker support, a Brazoria County Sheriff’s deputy, and both Manvel Police officers and Manvel Fire Marshall’s office personnel responded.

They found a garage engulfed in flames. Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the garage.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email