NOTICE OF HEARING
This serves as formal notice of a hearing to address in an open court the code violations located at 9717 Excaliburs Court, Pearland, Texas 77584, Brazoria CAD Property ID: 249612 and formally recognized as Somersetshire Estates (A0304 HT&B) (Pearland), Block 1, Lot 39. The court date has been scheduled at 2:00 p.m. on November 20, 2018, at the Pearland Municipal Court, located at 2555 Cullen Parkway, Pearland, Texas 77581.
The City of Pearland Fire Inspector and Building Inspector inspected the property on October 17, 2018, and generated Inspection Reports. The City inspectors found the structure at 9717 Excaliburs Ct. to be substandard based upon violations of the minimum standards adopted under the Pearland Code of Ordinances and the International Property Maintenance Code. Specifically, the violations include:
1. City of Pearland Ordinance 7-61.2(1) – The property contains a building with roof, ceiling, floors, sills, or foundations, or any combination thereof, rotted or decayed and falling apart, windows out, uninhabitable, and untenantable, due to obsolescence and deterioration caused by neglect or vandalism or old age or the elements.
2. City of Pearland Ordinance 7-61.2(3) – The property contains a building which is a fire menace, to wit, by being in a dilapidated condition, and which has an accumulation of rubbish, vegetation, and solid waste which is likely to become a fire, or be set on fire, in and around said building and endanger the person or property of others.
3. Int’l Prop. Maint. Code 108.1.3 – The property contains a structure that is unfit for human occupancy because the code official found that the structure is unsafe, unlawful, or because of the degree to which the structure is in disrepair or lacks maintenance, is unsanitary, vermin or rat infested, contains filth and contamination, or lacks ventilation, illumination, sanitary or heating facilities, or other essential equipment required by the code.
4. Int’l Prop. Maint. Code 302.5 – All structures and exterior property shall be kept free from rodent harborage and infestation. Where rodents are found, they shall be promptly exterminated by approved processes which will not be injurious to human health. After pest elimination, proper precautions shall be taken to eliminate rodent harborage and prevent reinfestation.
5. Int’l Prop. Maint. Code 304.1 – The property contains a structure, the exterior of which is not maintained in good repair, structurally sound, and sanitary, such that it poses a threat to the public health, safety, and welfare.
6. Int’l Prop. Maint. Code 304.4 – The property contains a structure including structural members that are not being maintained free from deterioration, and therefore are not capable of safely supporting the imposed dead and live loads.
7. Int’l Prop. Maint. Code 304.13 – The property contains a building with windows, doors, and frames that are not kept in sound condition, good repair, or weather tight.
8. Int’l Prop. Maint. Code 305.1 – The interior of a structure and equipment therein shall be maintained in good repair, structurally sound and in a sanitary condition.
9. Int’l Prop. Maint. Code 305.3 – Interior surfaces shall be maintained in good, clean and sanitary condition. Cracks or loose plaster, decayed wood and other defective surface conditions shall be corrected.
10. Int’l Prop. Maint. Code 308.1 – The exterior property and premises, and the interior of the structure, are not free from accumulation of rubbish or garbage as required.
11. Int’l Fire Code 311.1.1 – Buildings, structures, and premises…which persistently or repeatedly become unprotected or unsecure, which has been occupied by unauthorized person for illegal purposes, or which present a danger of structural collapse or fire spread to adjacent properties shall be considered abandoned, declared unsafe and abated by demolition or rehabilitation in accordance with the Int’l Prop. Maint. Code and the Int’l. Building Code.
These violations cause the building to be considered dilapidated, substandard, and/or unfit for human habitation and pose a hazard to the public health, safety, and welfare of the community.
The scheduled court date described above is for a public hearing to determine the actions that must be taken by you and/or the City regarding the vacation, securing, repair, removal, or demolition of a substandard building located on the property listed above. The hearing will be before the Municipal Court Judge. At the hearing, the owner, lienholder, and/or mortgagee will be given the opportunity to comment, testify, or present witnesses or written information about any matter relating to the substandard building. At the hearing, the City shall have the burden of proving by a preponderance of the evidence that the building is substandard as described in Pearland City Ordinance 7-61.2. The owner, lienholder, or mortgagee shall have the burden of proof to demonstrate the scope of any work that may be required to comply with City Ordinances, and the time it will take to reasonably perform the work.
According to the real property records of Brazoria County, Texas, and appropriate records of the Secretary of State, Central Appraisal District, tax rolls, etc., Tracey Taylor is an owner, lienholder, or mortgagee of the real property described in this notice. If you no longer own or have an interest in the property, please notify the office of the City Attorney on or before the hearing date.
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
CITY OF PEARLAND, TEXAS
Sealed Proposals will be accepted until 2:00 p.m., Thursday, November 29, 2018 and read aloud into the public record for the following project:
Pearland Broadway East Entryway
City of Pearland, Texas
COP PN: EDC168
BID NO.: 1019-06
The Project entails the complete supply and installation of a gateway monument and associated construction including demolition, grading, concrete, stonework, pavers, electrical, irrigation and landscaping on Broadway (FM 518) just west of the City limit with Friendswood.
A Mandatory Pre-Proposal Conference will be held at the City of Pearland City Hall Annex at 3523 Liberty Drive, Pearland, Texas 77581 at 10:00 a.m. on November 8, 2018.
All proposals should be submitted through the E-Bid system located on the City’s website at: https://pearland.ionwave.net. All interested Offerors are advised to register as a “supplier” on the City’s E-Bid System at the above website by clicking on “Supplier Registration” and completing a short registration questionnaire. Electronic Proposal Documents, including Plans, Technical Specifications and Proposal Forms are available for download after registration is approved by City Purchasing office. No plan fees or deposits are required for proposal documents obtained through the City’s E-bid System. Questions regarding electronic proposals should be directed to City Purchasing Officer at [email protected]
Proposal Documents are also available for review at the City of Pearland’s Purchasing Department by appointment (281) 652-1600 at the above address or, from the following plan houses:
Amtek Plan Room (713) 956-0100
The Associated General Contractors of America, Inc. (713) 334-7100
Associated Builders & Contractors of Greater Houston (713) 523-6222
Dodge Reports (713) 316-9411
Bid Security, in the form of Cashier’s Check, Certified Check, or Bid Bond, payable to the City of Pearland in the amount of 5% of the total base bid price, must accompany each Proposal. See Instructions to Bidders for Bond submittal information and instructions.
The City of Pearland reserves the right to reject any or all proposals.
Young Lorfing, TRMC
City Secretary, City of Pearland
First Publication date October 31, 2018
Second Publication date November 7, 2018
NOTICE OF CLOSING BUSINESS
Pearland Jewelry and Gifts located at 2247 N Main, Pearland Texas will be closing business effective Dec. 31, 2018. The last day for watch repairs will be November 1, 2018 and the final day for custom jewelry design will be Nov. 15, 2018. ALL layaways, repairs and custom work will need to be picked up by Dec. 15, 2018. NOT responsible for items after Dec. 1, 2018. ALL SALES FINAL.
We appreciate the friendships and loyalty of the past 35 years in business.
Pearland Independent School District will be accepting Request for Proposals (RFP) until 3:00 p.m., CST, Thursday, December 13, 2018 for:
Contracted Services – Fine Arts RFP # 19-1213-01
Interested proposers may go to https://pearlandisd.ionwave.net and register to download the solicitation or call 832-736-6192. A pre-proposal information session will be held at 1928 N. Main St., Pearland, TX 77581 on November 15, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. Proposers are encouraged to submit a response electronically via the District’s e-bid system, but may submit by hardcopy by the aforementioned date and time.
CITY OF PEARLAND, TEXAS
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Sealed bids will be received by the City of Pearland Purchasing Division, 3523 Liberty Dr., until 11:00 a.m., CST, Thursday, November 29, 2018 and all bids will be publicly acknowledged by name in City Hall Annex, 3523 Liberty Drive, Pearland, TX on that date for:
Semi-Annual Preventative Maintenance and Repairs of Generators
BID NO. 1119-08
Bid forms, specifications and all necessary information may be obtained from the following website: https://pearland.ionwave.net. Vendors are encouraged to return the bid response electronically using the City’s e-bid system, but may submit by hard-copy, with either manner due by the closing date and time stated above.
The City reserves the right to reject any or all bids, or to accept any bid or combination of bids deemed advantageous to it.
Vendors should register on the City’s e-bid system https://pearland.ionwave.net. Once registered on the City’s e-bid system, bid documents may be viewed on the site. If further assistance is needed, please email [email protected] no later than Friday, November 23, 2018. Make reference to Bid # 1119-08. Bid Closing Date: November 29, 2018.
Young Lorfing, TRMC
First Publication: November 7, 2018
Second Publication: November 14, 2018